Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Infection Prevention Information
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, for 20 seconds.
- Or, use a hand sanitizer that is least 60% alcohol-based.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid sharing food, cups or eating utensils.
- Disinfect your home and belongings, such as children’s toys and play areas.
- Stay home from school or work if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing with a tissue, your sleeve or your elbow and NOT your bare hands.
- Get a flu shot
- Call your local hospital or your primary care doctor with any questions.
*Source: Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- Touching the blood or body fluids of a person who is sick with or has died from Ebola.
- Touching contaminated objects, like needles.
- Touching infected animals, their blood or other body fluids, or their meat.
Note: You cannot get Ebola through water, the air, or food.
Community Risk & Hospital Preparedness
- The threat of a widespread outbreak of Ebola in the United States is very low. The CDC and the Federal Government are taking many measures to help prevent spread of Ebola in the U.S.
- Our hospital is committed to protecting the health of our community.
- We follow infection control procedures as recommended by the CDC and our state health department. Routine infection control procedures that are used to prevent the spread of any viral illness also can control and manage Ebola cases and ensure the safety of other patients in the hospital.
- While we do not anticipate Ebola impacting our community, out of an abundance of caution, we are taking additional safety precautions.
Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) is a type of virus that causes upper respiratory illness. EV-D68 is a non-polio enterovirus. Non-polio enteroviruses are very common viruses, causing 10 to 15 million infections in the U.S. each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- About Us
- Community Benefit Report
- Diabetes Education
- Financial Assistance
- Infection Prevention
- Non-Discrimination Notice
- Our Babies
- Our Stories
- Pay Your Bill Online
- Patient Portal
- Privacy Practices
- Sleep Newsletter
- Sponsorship Request
- Understanding Your Healthcare Costs
- Third Party Applications
- Visitor Welcome Video